Wednesday, January 04, 2012

First Doctor Visit

Sure, I was going to see a doctor. Since I still wasn't sure how to explain what I was dealing with, explaining things was extremely difficult.  I started telling my doctor how tired I was.  How I was gaining weight just looking at someone else eating.  How I forgot things so easily. How I felt moody. And how emotionally drained I felt for no reason at all.  Of course, you know all these things are easily explained.  I was 30 years old.  I guess the body just deteriorates at 30?  I guess when we hit 30 we are now "getting older" and perhaps we "just can't do things like we use to be able to".  Yikes!!  I was thinking - if this is 30, what is going to happen at 40?? Or 50???  How do people live past 90??  Perhaps Alzheimer's is just the natural progression of the brain?  Because I felt like it was already starting to hit me.

Now, there's no way I'm going to blame my doctor for not catching Hashimoto's Disease. He's a great doctor. He understood how I didn't want medication if there was a way around it.  Jogging to get rid of a cold, a regular decongestant for the ringing in my ears, the extreme minimum of asthma medication to control my asthma symptoms, etc.  There's one thing neither of us knew.  Thyroid disease runs in the family.  Why would he look for something that even I didn't know might be there?

Instead, I just took his suggestions to try and sleep better at night, remove all processed foods from my diet, and try to get a little more exercise.  And most of all, he said 'don't sweat the small stuff'.  *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment