Wednesday, January 04, 2012

From Vancouver Island to Winnipeg

I enjoyed living on Vancouver Island. It is such a great place to live.  Especially if you like eating healthy and being active. We BBQ'd almost every day. Bought fresh produce from the farmers' markets. We went hiking (turns out I'm not a big fan of hiking), swimming, bicycling, socializing, etc. I had 37 rose bushes around the house that I insisted on checking, cutting, and weeding regularly, along with several other plants and trees. I also put dog fur on the rose bushes after each rain to keep the deer away. I played darts in 2 separate leagues and I worked for a Real Estate Appraisal company. (Fascinating work.) I did my best to follow my doctor's suggestions.  Unfortunately, it didn't seem like they were working, and that Christmas we found out the Air Force was posting us to Winnipeg in June 2003.    

No comments:

Post a Comment