Tuesday, January 24, 2012

It's Been a Bit

I planned to post sooner, but I'm content in where I'm at right now. This day. Today. No, it's not perfect, but I'm content with the mild symptoms. These mild symptom days are so hard to get to and sometimes are gone before I notice I have them. It's sort of like having the hiccups. You notice when you have them, but don't notice when they leave. Suddenly they are gone and you have no idea how long ago they stopped. But you definitely notice when they start up again. So right now I'm enjoying the calm. The lack of symptoms. They aren't gone, of course, but they're much less than normal. It's a beautiful day.

So here's my dilemma. I feel pretty good, so do I catch up on all the things that need to be done? There's piles of laundry, the floors need to be washed, the house needs a good cleaning, and the pups need to be brushed and trimmed. Do I do all that and take the chance, hope beyond hope, that I'll be able to get out of bed tomorrow? I've also signed up for the Relay for Life in Blenheim on June 1st. I want to walk the full 12 hours - with standard breaks of course. (I'm not sure I know anyone who can go 12 hours without a washroom break.) But that walk-a-thon means training now. Today's training is only a 5km walk. So do I do all that and take the chance that for the next 7 to 14 days I may be stuck in bed? What if I relax today and I'm still stuck in bed for the next 10 days? Because there's a very good chance that may happen also. Hashimoto's has no boundaries. It takes what it wants.

Deep breath... How do I decide...

1 comment:

  1. You decided by taking a deep breath and one day at a time!

    It is great to read that your doing the Relay for Life and not letting Hashimoto's get the better of you! You have always been stubborn that way and this is a time when it comes in handy!

    ReplyDelete