Saturday, January 07, 2012

Pause 3

For those who don't know, Hashimoto's is a disease. It is not hypothyroidism. It is not curable. I named my blog Hashimoto's Unlimited because there is no limit to what this disease takes. It never goes away. Hypothyroidism is a condition that has a treatment. I have Hashimoto's disease. Every day I have to deal with symptoms. Some days are better than others. Some days I only have a little bit of pain. Some days I carry around my pain medication. Every day I live with the knowledge that people just aren't that interested in researching or looking for a cure. Hell, they're not even interested in looking for an actual treatment.
So you know what I do every day? I just go on. I can't complain to anyone because no one understands. I can't stay in bed and cry because it won't make things better. I can't post to Facebook about it every day because people just don't want to read about it. And they certainly don't want to read about it every single day. So imagine what it's like to live with - every. single. day. So I go on. We all do. Every person with this disease just suffers in silence. There's no other option. If we go to the doctor to complain, we get labeled as a hypochondriac. If we complain to friends, we lose our friends. So we all just go on.

No comments:

Post a Comment