Monday, August 06, 2012

How Do I Feel?

Well, today I'm feeling pretty good. Actually, most days I'm pretty good now. It still amazes me that a synthetic thyroid T4 medication could make me feel so crappy. But I still wake up mentally prepared to be in crippling pain, ready to take some pain killers before I get out of bed. So when I roll over and realize I'm not in pain, I smile. It's nice to wake up now. It's nice knowing I can get up, shower, get dressed, and not be completely worn out. I'm beginning to adapt to this new life and this new body. I often forget that I'm not going to be exhausted just by walking to the washroom. I even still mentally plan a nap before I have to go anywhere. I still think about limiting the things I need to do in a day so I won't run out of energy before tasks are finished. Doing more than one load of laundry in a day feels very strange to me. Before I switched to NDT, I had days that I could barely load the washing machine and the clothes would sit in there for another day or two before I would have enough energy to put them in the dryer. And then it would be another day or two still before the pain would subside enough for me to put the clothes on hangers. Forget about carrying them all to my closet. It was easier to dress in the laundry room, stick to clothes I could wash together, and put the dirty clothes directly into the washer.

Ya. I don't miss those days. I won't forget them, that's for sure, but I won't miss them. I'm still not 100%, but in comparison to what I was before, I'm doing amazing. I still have to figure out these adrenals, get my sleeping patterns fixed, and then wait for my doctor to increase my dose of NDT until I'm good. Should only be a few more months.  

No comments:

Post a Comment