Tuesday, August 07, 2012

Lose Weight

Seems like such a simple request. The problem is, when you have Hashimoto's disease, you have to choose very carefully where you use up your energy. No matter what commercials say, energy doesn't come in a bottle. So in order to workout, I would have to skip making the bed, making breakfast, walking the dogs, or getting dressed. I would hope my jammies are up to par, because there won't be the energy to go buy more for at least a couple of days. I would also have to take into consideration that I'd need to shower and change my clothes when I'm done my workout.  Usually, that ends up being a bath so I can sit while waiting for the tub to fill, sit and take my time washing, then sit on the edge of the tub to air dry because I won't have the energy to dry off. Then it's nap time. So much for that after workout protein I'm suppose to eat. Oops! I'm still in my towel. No energy left to put clothes on. But my dogs want outside again. Sure wish someone was here to take them out. Polar has to stay leashed because he has a torn ACL and isn't allowed to run yet.

Now, even though I'm getting better, I still have to consider carefully what I'm going to do today and what I will have to put off for another day. I can take my dogs outside several times a day now, I can make something to eat once or twice a day now, and I can shower and get dressed every day now. Big improvement. But I still have to be careful when I want to workout. I like to do my TurboFire or P90X workouts, but then I'm done for the day. So I cut the workouts short, because I will need to shower and change too. Then I barely have the energy to make a protein shake and sit with the pups outside afterwards. I know the pups would like to walk around, but they see I'm out of energy, so they sit with me.

As for eating. Well, mostly that's a no-no. Protein shakes make up the majority of my meals. Partly because of the calorie content, vitamin content and partly because it doesn't require a ton of energy to make. But you do what you have to do. Adapt and change. Since we can't change this disease, we have to change ourselves and what we do.

No comments:

Post a Comment