Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Living Life

I would like to post something new today, but I just don't have much to say.  Things are going very well for me.  Even after I suffered for so long with this disease, I'm finding it so easy to forget I have it now.  I go to work, do all the things I need to do, and just live every day.  I take my thyroid medication twice a day, and I take my adrenal support very regularly.  I no longer feel the limitations on my life that I once had.  Feeling "NORMAL" all of the time allows me to practically forget about the years of horrible pain and suffering.

So what's left?  Well, I guess the only things left for me to do are; to thank all those who helped me (Stop The Thyroid Madness group pages in Facebook, as well as friends who also suffer with some form of thyroid disease), and continue to share my experiences.  No one will experience this disease exactly the way I have, and no one will respond to treatment exactly the way I have. We are all different.  But the biggest, most memorable moment of my life was the day I realized I wasn't alone. That there are thousands and thousands of people out there suffering just like me. Wow, just thinking about that moment brings tears to my eyes. The comforting thought that someone else knew exactly what I was going through. *sigh* If I ever won the lottery, I would definitely start a "Walk for Thyroid Research".  My fondest wish come true would be people all over the world gathering for the annual "Walk for Thyroid Research".  But for now, I settle for donating to Thyroid Research every year.

No comments:

Post a Comment